As part of our National Waste Week campaign, we’re inviting young people to get creative and use their design and technology skills to upcycle old gardening equipment and tools into something new in our upcycling competition!
The competition supports curriculum-based learning and it’s a fantastic opportunity for students to:
• Demonstrate imagination, initiative and problem-solving
• Apply their design knowledge to a practical task in a real-life context
• Mix, shape, form and join materials in new and innovative ways
• Consider issues of sustainability in design
• Assess the impact of their actions on the environment
• Evaluate their work and communicate ideas to others
The upcycling competition is open to all students aged 4-11 and 11-16 years old*. They can upcycle any type of gardening equipment or tools – from spades to spanners, plant pots to pallets… In fact, any unwanted gardening tools or DIY materials!
Be inspired by these upcycled creations
Each category has a top prize of £300, with runner-up prizes of 2 x £100 and 4 x £50 (all prizes are in the form of Amazon vouchers). Plus, each entry will be placed into a draw to win a gardening voucher.